Tuesday, October 31, 2006

today = grumpy mw

sometimes you just know from the moment you wake up that the day isn't going to be so hot. i had that feeling today--sleepy and groggy for some unknown reason. then i check my email and it gets worse.

mind me for venting my frustrations. i feel very underappreciated as House Manager. I suppose this position is known to be underappreciated, but people need to stop yelling at me for things I have no control over. Someone asked me if there were extra rooms in the house because her room is too cold. Look at the house map, there are no empty rooms. why are you asking me?

But even more frustrating, is that I put in a lot of time and effort to be the house manager. i spent all frickin summer measuring storm windows so that we can actually get something done on the storm window project (rather than delay it for the 7th year). and what do people say to me? "why don't i have storm windows? where are my storm windows? why haven't you gotten storm windows yet? my room is cold. i'm sorry, but the project is not as simple as a touch of a magic wand, and i'm also an mit student which means i'm not a full time house bitch.

i'm sorry if i hurt anyone's feelings. i figure not many people read my blog anyways. if you knew what it felt like, you would give me some sympathy and stop it with the "do this, do that".

2 comments:

Erika said...

Oh yes, the joys of being house manager. I'd say to ask for help from those who complain. I'd bet it'll quiet the complaints more than get help, but you never know.

lily said...

whoa, i like the template change.