Thursday, October 04, 2007

can i see your ID?

Twice today...twice, i was called a teenager

the first, on the bus, where the 14 year old girl next to me thought i was at most 18, and a freshman in college.

the second, i was almost kicked out of the 'adult' section of the library. the guard walked up to me and said 'you're not allowed to be here.' 'what? why?' 'you're a teenager, you can only be in the teen section over there.' 'i'm not a teenager.' 'how old are you?' '21.' 'can i see your ID?'
-------------------
I’m passing through security yesterday at the airport, trying to gather my stuff to keep the line moving. The security officer approaches me and says, “Do you really like riding bikes?” I was shocked, and a little terrified. “how do you know?” I asked him. “Oh, I saw you reading the cycling magazine on the bus.” Then I recognized him as the guy sitting across from me on the way to the airport. Whew, I almost thought the government was out to get me. He started telling me how he liked to ride his bike when he had free time…most of which I just smiled and nodded.

on another note, i took kriti jain along with the chinese mountaineering club to 'moon watch' for the moon festival. we looked like hobbits.

1 comment:

Taylor Roan said...

MinWah, MinWah, MinWah . . . The real question is . . . "What in earth were you doing in the "Adult Section" anyway???"