Saturday, September 22, 2007

eeeepp

i crashed my dad's car yesterday, and still suffering a little post accident uneasinesss. no one was injured, and that's the most important part.

after dinner, my dad decided to take me out to practice stick shift. i've driven his stick a couple of times before, but i needed more practice. i was totally ready to master the stick shift, ready to finally say, 'i can do it'.

then it happened. my dad told me to make a right at the next turn, a small narrow street. i took the turn too fast, thought i was stepping on the brake, but it was only my left foot stepping on the clutch, and my right foot was just hovering over the petals in a moment of confusion. i drove into a parked car on the corner. the front driver side corner of our car hit the front corner of the other car. and then the family of the other car are uptight new yorkers that just kept yelling and yelling. i stayed quiet; i was sorry, but there wasn't anything i could do about the past.

the car isn't completely totaled, but probably not worth fixing. alas, the guilt. the guilt is what brings me down. the trouble that my dad puts up with, with me as a daughter.

1 comment:

Erika said...

Oh no! But I'm glad everyone's ok.

I'm finally getting over my uneasiness with cars (Greece did wonders for that), and feel I should give driving stick a shot, but I'm more than a little nervous about it. Maybe I'll wait til Christmas break so I can learn on less populated roads.