Saturday, June 16, 2007

the beginnings

hello all,

i start my bike trip across the usa tomorrow! i arrived in oregon on
thursday at my aunt's house. my bike arrived safely in oregon last
week, and i spent most of yesterday fitting everything together.
already, i've run into some trouble because the bike parts that i
ordered never came! but everything is fine now: i bought new parts in
Portland.

my bikemates (Karen, Ariel, and Seager) started a week ago. they biked
along the Oregon coast while they waited for me to come. i meet them
tomorrow just outside of Portland--on the Springwater Corridor, a bike
trail through Portland. it's only a 6 mile ride from my aunt's house
to the trail, so i won't have to be alone for too long.

my family has fed me well these two days (including sushi), and they
gave me a whole deal of food to bring along--so much that i can't fit
it all in my bags. i suppose it isn't a chinese family if it isn't
about food.

all things aside, most of all i would like to say THANK YOU!!! to all
those who helped me prepare for this trip...especially for all the
generous bike 'presents' and favors that you have done for me. your
gifts will be used well and wisely on this trip, and i'll be thinking
about you as i am trying to climb over those steep hills.

love,
minwah

updated blogs and pictures will be at www.teamroadshow.com (click on
journals or photos) and miniwahwah.blogspot.com

p.s. if you have more important emails to read this summer, and would
rather not receive my emails, just let me know. i won't take it
personally, i promise.

No comments: